The company was established on 17 April 1944 on the basis of machine-tractor workshops for the repair of agricultural machinery, cars and trucks with subsequent development of production of spare parts and production of agricultural machinery.
In 1976, on the base of the plant was organized an Industrial Association, and since 1995 the joint-stock company was organized. From 1995, the company had assimilated production of more than 24 kinds of agricultural machinery - including equipment for plowing, soil preparation, planting of industrial crops, for inter-row processing of crops and industrial crops, developed and mastered a set of machines for the cultivation of sugar beet.
In recent years, joint stock company established close cooperation with foreign companies such as: Dutch AP MACHINEBOUW, Slovenia - SIP, Germany - WIRGEN and Kijner Import-Export and Italian-MAURA.
The quality of agricultural machinery are ensured by the quality system in accordance with international standards ISO-9001.
From 2000 - 2005 the JSC “Moldagrotehnica” became a laureate of State Prize in the field of quality, productivity and competitiveness.